Monday, May 10, 2010

What was That?!

The alarm went off as usual telling me it was seven thirty in the morning. Time to get up. Ugh, another Monday morning. As I put on my robe and slippers I heard the telltale signs of my Husband working out in his shed. Inventing some powerful new rocket engine not doubt.

'Wow he's up early', I thought, going downstairs to the kitchen for my breakfast.

KABOOM!!!

What was that?!?! As I ran outside I saw the smoke and flames inside the shed and I feared the worst.

"Joshua!! I yelled, Joshua are you in there!! "

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see my husband standing there whole and hearty with a big grin on his face.

"Goodness Josh I thought I told you NOT to blow up the garage!!!" I stood there shaking thinking the worst and all he could do was stand there grinning like he was a kid in a candy store.

"Sorry, I guess I just gotta a little carried away. But it works, well with a few more adjustments it will work."

"What will work?" I don't know why I keep indulging his fantasies of being a mad rocket scientist. Probably because he IS a mad rocket scientist. The world's leading one if I'm not mistaken.

"My new invention."

"Are you going to enlighten me on what it is?"

"Um... Maybe,... but you want your readers to have something to look forward to tomorrow don't you?"

"Well I guess so..."

"Tomorrow My Dear!"

2 comments:

  1. :D Tinker Tinker Tinker they have to have something to keep them busy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... inventions... does this mean youre gonna be rich??

    ReplyDelete